The Sustainable Energy Fund for Africa (SEFA), together with its partners, is organising the Africa Forum for Clean Energy Financing (AFRICEF-3) Business Plan Competition.
The aim of the competition is to identify and nurture entrepreneurs, start-ups and existing companies with green ambitions.The 3rd Forum for Clean Energy Financing has called for proposals for innovative projects and businesses located in southern, eastern and central Africa that require initial private capital in excess of US $1 million.
Projects will be short-listed and receive coaching from professional experts, who will help them create financially, socially and environmentally viable business plans. After the coaching process, a panel of judges – investors, industry specialists and business executives – will select 10 finalists who will attend and present their plans at the forum in November.
Three winners will receive the AFRICEF-3 awards along with intensive one-on-one coaching on how to develop their business plans and bring them to financial close, accessing investors and, ultimately, on attracting financing. The projects will be showcased at other forums and events of the sponsors and co-organisers and will continue to receive support in promoting their business plans and securing investment.
- Sustainable Energy Fund for Africa (SEFA)
- African Development Bank (AfDB)
- East African Development Bank (EADB)
- Rural Electrification Agency of Uganda (REA)
- South African National Energy Development Institute (SANEDI)
- Development Bank of South Africa (DBSA)
- Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU)
- Tanzania Renewable Energy Association (TAREA)
- Energy Private Developers Association of Rwanda (EPD)
- Development Bank of Ethiopia (DBE)
- Climate Technology Initiative Private Financing Advisory Network (CTI PFAN)
- US Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP)
- International Center for Environmental Technology Transfer (ICETT