December 6 - December 9
The Water Institute of Southern Africa (WISA) will hosts its biennial conference and exhibition at the Sandton Convention Centre, Johannesburg, from 6 to 9 December 2020.
The WISA 2020 theme #allhandsondeck calls for the water sector to work together to address the water crisis caused by insufficient water infrastructure maintenance and investment, recurrent droughts and floods driven by climatic variation, inequities in access to services, deteriorating raw water quality, and a lack of skilled water practitioners. WISA 2020 will provide a platform for these issues to be discussed, solutions shared and decisions taken in a pledge to action.
In line with the theme, the conference will feature six ‘to do list’ sub-themes:
- Reduce water demand and increase supply
- Manage the resource for a capable ecology
- Manage and monitor effective water and sanitation services and infrastructure
- Govern and regulate the sector
- Improve raw water quality and management
- Develop skills and technology innovations and disruptors