The concrete industry is gearing up for this year’s edition of the Concrete Conference with major companies coming on board to put their name behind the event.
Afrisam has shown its commitment to the concrete industry associations through its headline sponsorship for TCC 2018. Other companies that have invested in the success of the conference include Chryso, PPC, Sephaku Cement and KonkreteGlobal with sponsorships of breakaway events such as the Concrete Quiz, as well as sponsoring refreshments, lunch and pre-dinner drinks respectively.
Underlining the importance of this joint event is the strong support from some of the best-known names in the industry who will be exhibiting at the event including Afrisam, Mapei, Chryso, Sika, Nissan, Basilisk Self-Healing Concrete, Isuzu and Carmix.
Launches and surprises
Some attractions according to Johan van Wyk, organiser of TCC, are the launches, and first being that will be showcased at the event.
“Basilisk will be launching their self-healing concrete at the conference. Imagine that, concrete that heals cracks. KonkreteGlobal will show the first robotic non-entry readymix truck cleaning system in South Africa,” he notes.
At the same time, Isuzu Truck World will have a surprise for readymix concrete operators and several other exhibitors will launch new ranges of equipment, concrete additives, adhesives and so much more,” he adds.
Van Wyk says that the first day’s proceedings will culminate in a gala dinner where the SARMA readymix awards will be presented bolstered by top-rack entertainment and acts that include singer/drummer/comedian and the evening’s MC, Gino Fabbri.
Highlights and speakers
- Prof Henk Jonkers from Delft University of Technology will be presenting a paper on technology behind self-healing concrete
- Max Moyo, world renowned speaker, will motivate and lead delegates into the future
- Leon van der Westhuizen from BrainRx will do some brain training.
- Allesandro Bernacchia from Germany and Andrea Bonomi, from Italy, will be presenting case studies on extrusion kerbing and mobile batching respectively
- TCC will also feature feedback on the state of concrete standards, including concrete test methods, aggregate test methods, water retaining structures and design codes
- There will also be a feedback and panel discussion on the consolidation of the concrete industry associations
Other speakers will discuss energy efficient concrete roofs, cellular concrete and case studies on the Bosjes Chapel, Fourways Mall precast concrete and Zeitz MOCAA.