Early bird registrations for WISA 2020, the region’s biggest water conference, close on 31 October.Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this year’s WISA conference will be entirely virtual, incorporating everything that a traditional conference offers and adding a host of additional opportunities and benefits. The conference, which will run from 7 to 11 December 2020 offers delegates the opportunity to earn one CPD point per day for the technical sessions and half a CPD point per workshop attended. This year’s theme #AllHandsOnDeck calls for all local and regional players to work together towards a sustainable water future by address the current water crisis caused by insufficient water infrastructure maintenance and investment, recurrent droughts and floods driven by climatic variation, inequities in access to services, deteriorating raw water quality, and a lack of skilled water practitioners.
What to look forward to
- An opportunity to be part of an event that is the first of its kind in the water sector.
- Full access to exciting e-exhibitions that will be presented on a carefully curated solutions platform that will draw the attention of a larger audience throughout the conference.
- Unlimited access to all recorded conference sessions, posters and exhibition areas –both during the conference and on-demand for six months after the event.
- Unique one-on-one networking opportunities.
- Special delegate discounts and benefits from our exhibitors.
- You’ll even get lunch vouchers!
Why going virtual is a game-changerAs we move away from the in-person conferencing experience, we open the door to opportunities only possible at a virtual event. These are some of the ways going virtual changes and elevates this year’s event:
- Lower exhibition and branding costs.
- No travel costs.
- Big savings on registration fees.
- Increased national and international interactivity, allowing delegates from different parts of the world to connect, collaborate and organise their own virtual meet-ups.
- No more agonising over which session to attend – now you can have them all.