A 100 percent black female owned company, M & C Consulting Engineers prides itself on a total dedication to quality and on time delivery within budget, says managing director Sinenhlahla Chamane*.
<body>Founded in 2011, M & C has established an exceptional track record within its home base of KwaZulu-Natal for the execution of strategic infrastructure projects that impact positively on communities. These extend from schools and community buildings, to sports fields, private and social housing, treatment works, and the design and construction management of gravel and paved roads.
“We achieve this through innovative and economical services and maintaining state-of-the-art design technology,” says Sinenhlahla . “We also assist in client investigation, including assessing the integrity of contractors and other relevant service providers to get the best results.”
Sinenhlahla has worked for a variety of government departments and municipalities and, prior to launching M & C, she honed her skills with various consulting firms.
One of M &C ’s first projects were the delivery of the bulk earthworks design for Sigisi Primary School in Empangeni, completed in October 2011. M & C returned to commission the school’s sports ﬁeld in June 2014.
“Thanks to our focus on excellence, we continue to secure new work from municipalities across KwaZulu-Natal, as well as provincial government. We have also branched out to include consulting services for private sector clients,” Chamane continues.
M & C’s project management services include defining client needs, preparing bid documents, assisting the client with adjudication processes, construction supervision/project management and contract administration.
Past project milestones include:
- The Construction Nibela Access Road for Big 5 Hlabisa Municipality, completed in October 2015
- The Construction Mfofolozi Causeway and 5,2 km road at Ward 1 for uMlalazi Municipality in December 2017
- Construction of Ward 9 Access Road and Box Culvert December 2017
- Construction Hloniphani Community Development Centre for Ndwedwe Local Municipality October 2017
- The construction of the Madondo Community Hall for Big 5 Hlabisa Municipality in April 2019
- A non-revenue reduction intervention for Beyond Water, completed in May 2019 for Beyond Water, and
Going into 2020, M & C has a strong pipeline of work in progress, which includes a series of road projects, in addition to building contracts.
These include various projects for Jozini Municipality, namely:
- The Nyamane sports field development
- A high mast installation
- The Magwenya gravel access road
- The Mandonya gravel access road, and
M & C has also been awarded a three-year contract by Mpofana Municipality for their Project Management Support Unit, in addition to carrying out refurbishment & upgrade of wastewater works and sewer Pipelines in Mtubatuba Local Municipality on behalf of the uMkhanyakude District Municipality this turnkey project. Further to this,.
Running in parallel with the above projects, work for entails the:
- Inhlabamkhosi Community Development Centre- Ndwedwe Local Municipality
- Development Plan for Alkanstrand (Bay Hall Area) -City of Umhlathuze
“Our dedicated team of construction professionals work together to find the best client outcomes. It’s an exciting road ahead,” Sinenhlahla concludes
*Sinenhlahla is professional technologist (Pr Tech Eng and member of this bodies , SACPCMP, MSAICE, MIMESA and MSAT, registered with NHRBC as an Engineer and Builder.